It’s Summer, and I’ve already talked about the dangers of walking your dog in the heat, and how skipping a walk is not going to harm anyone, so how about a way you can help your dog to enjoy this lovely weather with you?
Here is a recipe for Frozen Pupcakes, which are really, really easy to make, and dogs just love them!
- 500ml Low Salt Chicken Stock
- Random treats (small pasta shapes, kibble, dog jerky, cooked chicken etc)
- Goat’s yoghurt (it’s more easily digestible than cow)
- Frozen blueberries
- Gravy bones
- Make your stock in the measuring jug, and allow to cool (if using pasta shapes, just put them in with the stock, and they’ll cook as it cools)
- Place all your muffin cases into the muffin tin
- Distribute treats evenly across all the cases
- Pour in your stock across all the cases – should be just over half for each
- Place in freezer, and wait…
- When they are frozen solid, remove from freezer.
- Put a good dollop of yoghurt on each and spread out with a spoon to the edges
- Place a frozen blueberry atop each, and half a gravy bone alongside
- Place back into the freezer, and wait…
- When solid, peel back all the silicon cases, place the frozen pupcakes into freezer bags (obviously giving one to your dog right away to lick and munch on)
Here’s a video of Kimber, my beagle, enjoying his very first Frozen Pupcake…